The following is my own opinion piece. Take it as you will.
What a lot of Congressional leaders and that of our current Administration fail to realize is that We The People don’t need a big brother, a dictator, a monarchist type of government. We The People want a government not as one to set limitations, but to guide and support entrepreneurship, innovations and the ability to become what we want to be. Capitalism is good; greed and Socialism are both denigrating.
We all have rights, however, we do not have the right to be totally equal. Our Constitution gives us unalienable rights, but not the guarantee of outcomes. In other words: Two people are each given an orange; one will peel it and eat it leaving the rind and seeds on the ground. The other may choose to take that orange, remove the seeds, grind it up including the rind, and combine it with cranberries to make cranberry-orange relish. This same person will then plant the seeds to make an entire orange tree. So each person is given the independence to choose what to do with their orange.
No wonder the Tea Party revolution is beginning. Those of us that work and cherish the independence of providing for ourselves do not want to be indentured to our government. For our own government to state that taxes will be incurred in order for those in “poverty” to be equal is ludicrous. We all have the right to fail; only those that want the government to support them have given up; Americans don‘t give up.
Why should they look for work, or work to support themselves when our government keeps giving them hand outs? Even as a child, I would look for ways to make spending money. Weeding neighbors gardens, cleaning out gutters, babysitting, etc. What irks me the most are some, and I do mean only some work the government for what they can get; not what they can do for themselves. You have witnessed this; to say you haven’t is deceitful.
Corporate greed and governmental greed are another issue. Corporate greed should be regulated and governed by the shareholders; not the government.
Government greed comes from taxation of the working class and small businesses as a means to supply government programs. The baby boomers; the working class of middle age workers have paid into the Medicare and Social Security programs. Our own government has “raped” the money set aside to fund this. An audit of this system will confirm this. We, as Americans have believed our government has looked out for us, but now we are finding out just the opposite. The government in Washington, D.C. has grown into a black hole. Money gets aspirated into the “pot”, but through manipulation and greed, the money is spent faster than it is saved.
Our government should be one of monitoring and advice not one of serfdom.
Through loopholes and manipulation our Congress has grown to one of engorgement. We have only two Senators per state; why not only two Representatives? Why are there Representatives per Congressional district? What does that actually accomplish? Then each Senator and Representative have their own assistants (legal and secretarial). So now with 100 Senators and 400+ Representatives, and their assistants…..how many federal employees are in Washington, D.C. for just the Congress? Our own current Administration has 4,000 federal employees. Get my drift?
I am tired of our “feel good” government. One that wants us to feel good, yet hides legislation in hundreds of pages of each bill with hidden pork for state projects. Whatever happened to the word efficiency? Most papers written for college are limited to 1,000 words. Why not the bills in legislation? Bills for legislation should only be the initial bill; the only amendments should pertain to the bill; NO PORK.
Personally, I am tired of the corruption and boondoggling in Washington, D. C. It is time for a Constitutional Convention in every state in our Union.
Most members of Congress and even our current Administration are lawyers and millionaires. You know what they say about lawyers AND if you are a millionaire, why would you look out for the “little guy”? They eat Kobe steaks and drink champagne; think about that as you open that box of macaroni and cheese for dinner because that is all you can afford.
Get rid of the Federal Reserve. They are NOT part of our government and do not answer to anyone but themselves. Most in the Federal Reserve belong to the Trilateral Commission, the Bildeberg Group, the CFR in either one group or a collection of these groups. They are out for One World Order…..George Soros included.
Secure our borders period. Build the fence on our southern border. To claim as Janet Napolitano says that the Mexican drug cartel and murdering thugs have not crossed our southern border is truly deceitful. Our military bases have fences and guard posts at every entrance/exit….why not our border? I am not against immigration…..just illegal immigration.
America has turned a blind eye to China. They have become a strong military power as well as an economic power. How? By importing Chinese goods at break neck speed into the United States. Has anyone ever thought about the importing of goods that contain melamine poison, lead paint, etc.? Is this a stealth way of reducing American numbers? They are NOT interested in global warming. They continue to pollute our global environment; so bad that transportation prior to the Olympics was banned so that the air quality would improve for the athletes. Why should America move toward a “greener earth” when other nations have proven it as an economic failure? Wind turbines have killed birds and bats…..where are the animal activists in this?
Will an Independent leader emerge from this crisis? Will a new party called the American Independent Party evolve? The Tea Parties are the start. It will gain momentum. Watch and see. Americans will have a belly full of the current politicians in Washington, D.C.
Will the New Independent platform include:
1. Social conservatism; plus include a woman‘s right to choose.
2. Limited/smaller government.
3. Secure borders and ports.
4. A well funded military with nuclear capabilities if necessary.
5. Free markets with fair trade policies.
6. A United States free of United Nations involvement in our lives.
7. Regulation of Wall Street with oversight of money fund groups.
8. A fair and flat tax rate.
9. A welfare to work program.
10. Reduce corporate taxation relative to taxes in countries enticing US businesses abroad. Give incentives to keep businesses in America.
11. Stop Sharia law from encroaching on American values. If we immigrate to other countries, we live by their laws; we don’t dictate them.
12. A government that lives within their means and balances the budget each year.
13. A healthcare program that puts limits on hospitals, doctors and pharmacy companies. The skyrocketing healthcare costs are due to lack of regulation of the above three causes.
14. Restore discipline in our schools and homes. Stop limiting parental involvement in raising their children. “Spare the rod; spoil the child”…..Private schools have a doctrine of discipline; why not public schools?
15. Instill the 80-20 principle. If you want a loan for a car, a home or whatever; if you can’t put 20% of the total cost as a down payment….you can’t afford it.
16. If businesses go bankrupt; no bail out. There shouldn’t be a statement of: “They are too big to fail”…..They are failing for a reason; poor management, poor financial structure, etc. It is part of the free market system.
17. Education should be just that; not a social indoctrination process. Stop pushing Liberalism in college; education should be non-political. Go to Nationalized Standard testing. All of our children should be learning math, English, history, geography, sciences, etc. per grade level. Not just Math and English. Quit teaching to “the test.”
18. Term limits for Congress. Four year limit for both House and Senate.
19. Live by the Constitution and the Rights bestowed on Americans. We do not have the Supreme Court to change our Constitution; we have the Supreme Court to protect our Constitution.
20. Respect State sovereignty and protect America’s sovereignty from enemies both foreign and domestic.
The Independents are evolving and are being nurtured by the failure of the Democratic and Republican parties to realize that Americans are tired of the games, the word boondoggles and the “feel good” pandering of American voters.
Americans would like a leader that says what they mean; and mean what they say.
Our leaders should speak the truth no matter how painful it may be.
Honesty and common sense will be the winner in the next elections of 2010.
The New Independent Party: NIP
“Nipping” the problems of Washington at its source.