***Even though in agreement with most of this article, we have to start somewhere to save America from Progressives; some items may need to be negotiable*** RP
By Jim O’Neill
July 14, 2010
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) recently came out with a “new road map” for Republicans. It deals mostly with pragmatic suggestions for fixing the economy, and how can you not love that, after watching the anti-capitalistic, corrupt, destructive machinations of the current Democratic regime?
Fred Barnes writes that “If Republicans adopt [Ryan’s] road map as their basic ideological blueprint, it offers them the prospect of a landslide in the midterm election this year, followed by victory in the presidential election in 2012.”
Well, with all due respect, I would like to offer an addendum to Mr. Ryan’s Republican “road map.” As much as I like his “map,” I think it needs a bit more “oomph” added to it.
I believe that in order for the Republicans to escape their “Progressive-Lite” label, and fire-up their conservative base, they need to get much more “down and dirty.” They need to offer something that people can believe in, grab onto, and fight for.
Something like this:
1. Start cutting the bloated government bureaucracy. Mandate a one-third cut within the next five years—no extensions. I suggest starting with the Department of Energy—which was started under Carter, to supposedly end America’s dependence on foreign oil. “Today nobody knows what it does….”—but it’s big, and costs taxpayers a lot of money. (Link)
2. Start working on passing the 28th Amendment —“Congress shall make no law that applies to any citizen of the United States that does not apply equally to all US Senators and Representatives….” (Link)
3. Examine repealing the 17th Amendment, and then start legislative action to have it repealed. Have each state’s US Senator answer to his or her state legislature, and forbid any out-of-state contributions. (Link) (Link)
4, Examine abolishing the federal income tax, and then start legislative action to have it abolished. Repeal the 16th Amendment if needed. The US can get along just fine without blood-sucking federal taxes, and a Frankensteinian IRS. Screw the Progressive Marxist/Fascists that started the whole thing. (Link)
5. Work to put God back into government, the courts, and culture. I would suggest reading the Bible—or other holy scripture—or if you’re of a more secular bent, read Dinesh D’Souza’s charmingly profound “Life After Death” (you should at least read the chapter “Good for You”). (Link)
7. Stomp out “political correctness.” We need to recognize the trampling of free speech when it bites us on the butt. Trash this anti-American Maoist bulls—t. (Link)
8. Secure our borders—especially the border with Mexico, of course—and start deporting all illegal invaders. They are here AGAINST THE LAW, for God’s sake. Continue to encourage LEGAL immigration, but this illegal “immigration” must stop. If they start out in America by dissing our laws, we don’t want them anyway. No more anchor babies! (Link) and (Link)
JUST NO LONGER SILENT.