From Big Journalism:
*Updated* #OccupyWallStreet: The Rap Sheet, So Far
By Jim Nolte
October 28, 2011
One of the secret weapons the corrupt mainstream media uses in their never-ending quest to Palace Guard for the left is context. For example, when it came to the Tea Party, the MSM was notorious for amplifying a single incident (that was usually a lie) and using it to attempt to smear and define an entire movement. This is what you do when you want to quickly take out a political enemy.
The MSM’s contextual game changes, however, when their desire is to strengthen a movement and give it credibility and room to grow. By dutifully reporting individual incidents but not reporting on the growing scope and size of Occupy Wall Street lawlessness, the MSM is willfully covering up the violence, vandalism, and anti-Semitism that truly does define this movement.
Moreover, by intentionally keeping the pieces of this story scattered, the MSM is allowed to have their cake and eat it too. No one can accuse them of not reporting these incidents, but by choosing not to bring the pieces together, the MSM ensures the least amount of public relations damage is done to the Occupiers.
What I’ve collected below is far from comprehensive but still shows over 75 incidents of sexual assault, violence, vandalism, anti-Semitism, extortion, perversion, and lawlessness. [Now updated to 100 incidents]
The MSM could easily tell the story of how this violence-prone movement is becoming an increasing threat to our society. After all, my research below is the result of nothing more than Twitter and Google. Among others, The New York Times, Washington Post, Politico, and the LA Times have willfully chosen not to use the resources at their disposal to give the public an honest look at this growing menace. In their partisan minds, truth doesn’t trump agenda.
The list is in no particular order. Like the Occupiers themselves, it’s unruly, disorganized, messy and not focused solely on the nation’s media centers. The movement is spreading across America and bringing with it their outrageous and appalling behavior.
- NY: 10/1/2011 — Police Arrest More Than 700 Protesters on Brooklyn Bridge
- Madison, WI: 10-27-2011 — Madison Occupiers Lose Permit Due to Public Masturbation
- Phoenix: 10/28/2011 — Flier at Occupy Phoenix Asks, “When Should You Shoot a Cop?”
- NY: 10/18/2011 — Thieves Preying on Fellow Protesters
- NY: 10/9/2011 — Stinking up Wall Street: Protesters Accused of Living in Filth as Shocking Pictures Show One Demonstrator Defecating on a POLICE CAR
- NY: 10/7/2011 — Occupiers Rush Police … More
- Cleveland: 10/18/2011 — ‘Occupy Cleveland’ Protester Alleges She Was Raped
- NY: 10/10/2011 — ‘Increasingly Debauched’: Are Sex, Drugs & Poor Sanitation Eclipsing Occupy Wall Street?
- Seattle: 10/18/2011 — Man Accused of Exposing Self to Children Arrested
- 10/12/2011 — Iran Supports ‘Occupy Wall Street’
- Portland: 10/16/2011 – #OccupyPortland Protester Desecrates Memorial To U.S. War Dead
- Portland: 10/15/2011 — #OccupyPortland Protesters Sing “F*** The USA”
- Chicago: 10/17/2011 — COMMUNIST LEADER Cheered at Occupy Chicago
- 10/15/2011 — American Nazi Party Endorses Occupy Wall Street‘s ’Courage,‘ Tells Members to Support Protests and Fight ’Judeo-Capitalist Banksters’
- Boston: 10/14/2011 — Coast Guard member spit on near Occupy Boston tents
- Boston: 10/11/2011 — Boston Police Arrest Over 100 from Occupy Boston
- New York: 10/11/2011 — “You Can Have Sex with Animals.”
- New York: 10/15/2011 — Harassing Police with Accusations of Phony Injuries
- New York: 10/9/2011 — ‘Occupy Wallstreet’ Protesters Steal from Local Businesses
- New York: 10/25/2011 — Three Men Threatened to Kill 24-Year-Old Occupy Wall Street Protester for Reporting Rape
- Baltimore: 10/18/2011 — #OccupyBaltimore Discourages Sexual Assault Victims from Contacting Police
- Portland: 10/27/2011 — Occupy Portland’s Attempt At Wealth Redistribution Ends In Theft
- Los Angeles: 10/14/2011 – Anti-Semitic Protester at Occupy Wall Street
- 10/27/2011 — A Death Threat From an Occupy Wall Street Protester
- 10/27/2011 – Anti-Semitic Tweet From Occupier or Sympathizer
- Boston: 10/20/2011 — Occupy Boston Doesn’t Want Police Involved in Rape
- New York: 10/5/2011: Anti-Semitic Occupier Screams About Jews, Israel
- New York: 10/4/2011 — Occupier Taunts Jewish Man
- Boston: 10/2011 — Occupiers Block Street
- New York: 10/2011 — Occupier Tries to Steal Police Officer’s Gun
- New York: 10/27/2011 — Occupiers Block Traffic, Get Arrested
- Oakland: 10/27/2011 — Occupiers Throw Garbage at Police
- Oakland: 10/19/2011 — Abusive #OccupyOakland Protesters Ban Media from Tent City
- Eugene, OR: 10/19/2011 — Occupiers Displace Farmers’ Market Threatening Hundreds of Jobs
- Portland, OR: 10/18/2011 — Capitalist Offering Jobs at Occupy Portland Finds Few Takers
- NY: 10/20/2011 — #OccupyWallStreet Threatens Businesses, Patrons
- NY: 10/14/2011 — Violence Breaks Out During #OccupyWallStreet March Toward Stock Exchange
- NY: 10/14/2011 — Protesters March On Wall Street, Scuffle With Cops
- Oakland: 10/19/2011 — #OccupyOakland Protesters Threaten Reporter
- Oakland: 10/26/2011 — Occupiers Scuffle with Police
- Oakland: 10/24/2011 — Protesters Storm, Vandalize, Shut Down Chase Bank
- Dayton, OH: 10/22/2011 — Protester: ‘F*ck The Military, F*ck Your Flag, And F*ck The Police’
- Chicago: 10/14/2011 — Protesters’ Message At #OccupyChicago Rally: ‘Destroy Israel’
- NY: 10/23/2011 — #OccupyWallStreet Supporter Rants Against Israel, Jews
- NY: 10/22/2011 — #Occupy Kid: ‘Burn Wall Street, Burn!’
- NY: 10/21/2011 — New Yorkers Fed Up With Noisy, Defecating Protesters
- Oakland: 10/21/2011 — Occupy Oakland Evicted After Reports Of Crime And Intimidation
- Oakland: 10/19/2011 — #OccupyOakland Out of Control: Rats, Graffiti, Vandalism, Sexual Harassment, Public Sex and Urination
- Chicago: 10/26/2011 — Occupiers Under Investigation by FBI for Links to Terrorism
- Cleveland: 10/29/2011 — Rape Reported at Occupy Cleveland
- Dallas: 10/24/2011 — Police Investigating Possible Sexual Assault Of Teen At Occupy Dallas
- Bloomington, IN: 10/26/2011 — Man Claims Occupy Bloomington Protesters Drugged, Handcuffed Him
- NY: 10/10/2011 — Sex, Drugs and Hiding from the Law at Wall Street Protests
- Glasgow: 10/26/2011 — Woman Gang-Raped
- Boston: 10/23/2011 — Occupy Boston Protesters Arrested For Dealing Heroin – With 6 Year-Old in Tent
- Portland: 10/16/2011 — Sex Offender Registers Occupy Portland Camp as Address
- Denver: 10/15/2011 — Occupy Denver Demonstrator Accused of Groping TV Photographer
- Lawrence, KS: 10/25/2011 — Sexual Assault Reported at Occupy Camp
- Minneapolis, MN: Bricks, Rocks, ‘Riot Supplies’ Discovered by Police
- Phoenix, AZ: 10/27/2011 — Neo-Nazis Patrol “Occupy Phoenix” With AR-15′s
- Chicago: 10/26/2011 — Occupy Chicago Invades City Hall
- 10/26/2011 — ACORN, Occupy Email Talks About Assault on Banks
- 10/26/2011 — OccupyWallStreet Strategy for Reports of Violence Against Cops
- Chicago: 10/26/2011 — Unrepentant Domestic Terrorist Bill Ayers Wows Occupiers
- Chicago: 10/25/2011 — Ayers Coaches #OccupyChicago, Callsg for School ‘Occupations’
- 10/26/2011/ — Occupy Protests Have Jewish Leaders Concerned
- Wash DC: 10/27/2011 — OccupyDC Leftists Provoke Police – Hang Flag on Top of DC Statue
- Albuquerque, NM: 10/26/2011 — Occupy Squatters Riot With Police
- San Diego: 10/25/2011 — Flag Used as Chew Toy by Occupier’s Dog
- Oakland: 10/25/2011 — Occupiers Throw Bottles at Police
- NY: 10/27/2011 — Occupy Wall Street Protesters: Rush Limbaugh Is Bigger Threat Than Al-Qaeda
- 10/27/2011 — Occupy Wall Street Launching First Nationwide General Strike in America Since 1946
- NY: 10/28/2011 — Fox 5 News Reporter Assaulted at OWS
- 10/28/2001 — Total Occupy Arrests Made Thus Far: 2750
- Nashville: 10/28/2011 — 30 Arrests Made at Wall St. Protest
- NY: 10/20/2011 — Former Marine Tries to Taunt Police into Violence
- NY: 1023/2011 — Islamist Group Joins with Occupy Wall Street
- Los Angeles: 10/13/2011 — Roundup of Overt Occupy anti-Semitism
- NY: 10/12/2011 — There are No Anti-Semites at Occupy Wall Street. Except for This Guy
- Missoula, MT: 10/20/2011 — Drunk 11-Year-Old At Occupy Missoula, Adult Arrested
- Oakland: 10/28/2011 — Bounty Out On Police Officer?
- Manchester, NH: 10/28/2011 — Woman charged with pimping teen recruited at Occupy NH rally
- San Diego: 10/28/2011 — 40 Occupiers arrested
- Boston: 10/24/2011 — Occupy Boston Vandalism of Banks
- Boston: 10/25/2011 — Store Owner Suffers 4 Break Ins Since Occupy Boston Began
- Portland: 10/28/2011 — Portland Police: Buckets of Excrement Scattered Around #OccupyPortland Camp
- Seattle: 10/20/2011 — Two Possible Occupiers Charged With Assault
- Seattle: 10/18/2011 — Armed Felon Arrested at Occupy Seattle
- Seattle: 10/18/2011 — A Tent Fight and (At Least) One Arrest at Occupy Seattle
- Seattle: 10/17/2011 — Over 50 Cops Clear Westlake Occupation, Make Eight Arrests
- Seattle: 10/13/2011 — Cops Arrest Several Occupy Protesters
- Seattle: 10/13/2011 — Chanting Protesters Surround Police After Officers Arrest Two
- Denver: 10/29/2011 — Protesters Clash with Police at OWS Denver
- Austin: 10/13/2011 — Occupy Austin protesters arrested for blocking cleaning Crews
- Calgary, CN: 10/28/2011 — Occupiers do $40,000 in Property Damage
- Cincinnati, OH: 10/21/2011 — 23 Arrested, Remains of protests fill two dumpsters
- Sacramento: 10/19/2011 — 9 arrested in ‘Occupy Sacramento’ protest
- Sacramento: 10/13/2011 — Four More Occupy Sacramento Demonstrators Arrested
- Austin, TX: 10/22/2011 — Man Arrested After Knife Incident at Occupy Austin Camp
- Nashville: 10/29/2011 — Tenn. Protesters Arrested For 2nd Straight Night
Recently, President Obama said that the Occupiers are just like the Tea Party.
That’s a lie.
From Weasel Zippers:
Note: Occupier tries to push over the cop at the 1:23 mark.
During the Oakland Police Riot control, a protestor was injured. IF he was NOT part of the riots, would he be injured today? Should we side with the police officers who were just doing their duty for the oath they took to become police officers? After all, we ARE a country of laws.
What HAS happened is he is now the POSTER BOY for the Progressives/Marxists/Anarchists/Communists of the Occupy Wall Street milieu:
From the Communist Party USA’s newsier People’s World:
Occupy Wall Street is too big to jail
october 27 2011
Painfully, the nation has watched, during the last 48 hours, as police departments in Oakland, Atlanta and elsewhere used excessive force against thousands of peaceful demonstrators.
The disturbing scenes of women, children, seniors and even disabled people running under clouds of tear gas and being hit by flash grenades and rubber bullets are reminiscent of attacks in the middle of the last century against civil rights and antiwar demonstrators. The scenes are hard to stomach, also, because they look too much like what is happening today in the streets of Damascus, Syria.
The vicious crackdowns are an assault on democracy and they endanger the public safety. In Atlanta and Oakland both, as in cities elsewhere, many of the demonstrators who were attacked are people who have lost their homes, their jobs or the vital services they require just to keep going every day.
We applaud statements by the leadership of the AFL-CIO and by unions and their allies all over the country that have condemned these attacks. We urge the elected officials in the cities involved to call a halt to the violation of the democratic rights of their people.
Our best wishes and prayers go out to Iraq War veteran Scott Olsen who was critically injured in Oakland after being hit by a police projectile at the rally in that city on Oct. 25.
Opponents of the movement would like nothing more than to reduce Occupy Wall Street to a fight between the police and several hundred who want to spend the night out on the streets.