From The Blaze:
BARTON CALLS OBAMA ‘AMERICA’S MOST BIBLICALLY-HOSTILE U.S. PRESIDENT’
March 8, 2012
Is President Barack Obama America’s most “Biblically-hostile U.S. president?” This is the label that conservative historian David Barton has given Obama, as the nation continues its debate over the president’s controversial contraceptive mandate.
But for Barton, the situation transcends the current discussion about religious freedom and the Catholic Church, as the frequent guest on Glenn Beck’s radio and television shows develops his provocative argument in detail. He writes:
When one observes President Obama’s unwillingness to accommodate America’s four-century long religious conscience protection through his attempts to require Catholics to go against their own doctrines and beliefs, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Catholic. But that characterization would not be correct. Although he has recently singled out Catholics, he has equally targeted traditional Protestant beliefs over the past four years. So since he has attacked Catholics and Protestants, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Christian. But that, too, would be inaccurate. He has been equally disrespectful in his appalling treatment of religious Jews in general and Israel in particular. So perhaps the most accurate description of his antipathy toward Catholics, Protestants, religious Jews, and the Jewish nation would be to characterize him as anti-Biblical. And then when his hostility toward Biblical people of faith is contrasted with his preferential treatment of Muslims and Muslim nations, it further strengthens the accuracy of the anti-Biblical descriptor. In fact, there have been numerous clearly documented times when his pro-Islam positions have been the cause of his anti-Biblical actions.
Barton then goes on to list, in chronological order, the president’s purported attacks in the following sections:
(1) numerous records of his attacks on Biblical persons or organizations; (2) examples of the hostility toward Biblical faith that have become evident in the past three years in the Obama-led military; (3) a listing of his open attacks on Biblical values; and finally (4) a listing of numerous incidents of his preferential deference for Islam’s activities and positions, including letting his Islamic advisors guide and influence his hostility toward people of Biblical faith.
Parts One and Two can be read, below:
1. Acts of hostility toward people of Biblical faith:
- April 2008 – Obama speaks disrespectfully of Christians, saying they “cling to guns or religion” and have an “antipathy to people who aren’t like them.”
- February 2009 – Obama announces plans to revoke conscience protection for health workers who refuse to participate in medical activities that go against their beliefs, and fully implements the plan in February 2011.
- April 2009 – When speaking at Georgetown University, Obama orders that a monogram symbolizing Jesus’ name be covered when he is making his speech.
- May 2009 – Obama declines to host services for the National Prayer Day (a day established by federal law) at the White House.
- April 2009 – In a deliberate act of disrespect, Obama nominated three pro-abortion ambassadors to the Vatican; of course, the pro-life Vatican rejected all three.
- October 19, 2010 – Obama begins deliberately omitting the phrase about “the Creator” when quoting the Declaration of Independence – an omission he has made on no less than seven occasions.
- November 2010 – Obama misquotes the National Motto, saying it is “E pluribus unum” rather than “In God We Trust” as established by federal law.
- January 2011 – After a federal law was passed to transfer a WWI Memorial in the Mojave Desert to private ownership, the U. S. Supreme Court ruled that the cross in the memorial could continue to stand, but the Obama administration refused to allow the land to be transferred as required by law, and refused to allow the cross to be re-erected as ordered by the Court.
- February 2011 – Although he filled posts in the State Department, for more than two years Obama did not fill the post of religious freedom ambassador, an official that works against religious persecution across the world; he filled it only after heavy pressure from the public and from Congress.
- April 2011 – For the first time in American history, Obama urges passage of a non-discrimination law that does not contain hiring protections for religious groups, forcing religious organizations to hire according to federal mandates without regard to the dictates of their own faith, thus eliminating conscience protection in hiring.
- August 2011 – The Obama administration releases its new health care rules that override religious conscience protections for medical workers in the areas of abortion and contraception.
- November 2011 – Obama opposes inclusion of President Franklin Roosevelt’s famous D-Day Prayer in the WWII Memorial.
- November 2011 – Unlike previous presidents, Obama studiously avoids any religious references in his Thanksgiving speech.
- December 2011 – The Obama administration denigrates other countries’ religious beliefs as an obstacle to radical homosexual rights.
- January 2012 – The Obama administration argues that the First Amendment provides no protection for churches and synagogues in hiring their pastors and rabbis.
- February 2012 – The Obama administration forgives student loans in exchange for public service, but announces it will no longer forgive student loans if the public service is related to religion.
2. Acts of hostility from the Obama-led military toward people of Biblical faith:
- June 2011 – The Department of Veterans Affairs forbids references to God and Jesus during burial ceremonies at Houston National Cemetery.
- August 2011 – The Air Force stops teaching the Just War theory to officers in California because the course is taught by chaplains and is based on a philosophy introduced by St. Augustine in the third century AD – a theory long taught by civilized nations across the world (except America).
- September 2011 – Air Force Chief of Staff prohibits commanders from notifying airmen of programs and services available to them from chaplains.
- September 2011 – The Army issues guidelines for Walter Reed Medical Center stipulating that “No religious items (i.e. Bibles, reading materials and/or facts) are allowed to be given away or used during a visit.”
- November 2011 – The Air Force Academy rescinds support for Operation Christmas Child, a program to send holiday gifts to impoverished children across the world, because the program is run by a Christian charity.
- November 2011 – The Air Force Academy pays $80,000 to add a Stonehenge-like worship center for pagans, druids, witches and Wiccans.
- February 2012 – The U. S. Military Academy at West Point disinvites three star Army general and decorated war hero Lieutenant General William G. (“Jerry”) Boykin (retired) from speaking at an event because he is an outspoken Christian.
- February 2012 – The Air Force removes “God” from the patch of Rapid Capabilities Office (the word on the patch was in Latin: Dei).
- February 2012 – The Army orders Catholic chaplains not to read a letter to parishioners that their archbishop asked them to read.
You can read the entire categorized listing here.
Jim Wallis: One of Obama’s Faith Advisors
Pastor Jim Wallis isn’t one to candy-coat his views about Jesus and the Bible. Wallis, who is revered as the modern-day father of the “Christian left,” has urged believers to embrace the Occupy Wall Street movement and has made his own, personal quest for social justice known. He continues to allege that the protesters who insist that they are “the 99 percent” are people who “stand with Jesus.”
Over the weekend, The Blaze reported about a video interview with the leftist pastor that was aired earlier this week at Lifetree Café locations across the country. In a short clip from the presentation, Wallis was seen claiming that America is “not a Christian nation“ and that it has ”never been a Christian nation.”
Now Rev. Jim Wallis proclaims this:
Marxist Theology Infiltrating Christian Churches: James Cone, Rev. Jeremiah Wright and Rev. Jim Wallis
Let us look at the MISSION statements of a couple of Obama’s Faith connections.
From the Trinity United Church of Christ (Jeremiah Wright, Jr.)
Trinity United Church of Christ has been called by God to be a congregation that is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that does not apologize for its African roots! As a congregation of baptized believers, we are called to be agents of liberation not only for the oppressed, but for all of God’s family. We, as a church family, acknowledge, that we will, building on this affirmation of “who we are” and “whose we are,” call men, women, boys and girls to the liberating love of Jesus Christ, inviting them to become a part of the church universal, responding to Jesus’ command that we go into all the world andmake disciples!
We are called out to be “a chosen people” that pays no attention to socio-economic or educational backgrounds. We are made up of the highly educated and the uneducated. Our congregation is a combination of the haves and the have-nots; the economically disadvantaged, the under-class, the unemployed and the employable.
The fortunate who are among us combine forces with the less fortunate to become agents of change for God who is not pleased with America’s economic mal-distribution!
W.E.B. DuBois indicated that the problem in the 20th century was going to be the problem of the color line. He was absolutely correct. Our job as servants of God is to address that problem and eradicate it in the name of Him who came for the whole world by calling all men, women, boys and girls to Christ.
The W.E.B. Dubois mentioned in the last paragraph :
DuBois became a well-known historian and sociologist. The author of several books, one titled The Souls of Black Folks, he was a leader in the movement to win social justice for African Americans. In the book, he expressed his sadness, rage, and frustration with the hardships that black people encountered. DuBois was considered a radical in that he demanded racial equality should be immediate. He was devoted to teaching, training, and mentoring college-educated black people to become leaders of their race.
DuBois went to great lengths to get results, even speaking out against such well-known blacks as Booker T. Washington,whom he deemed to be not radical enough. With no persuasion from Washington, DuBois initiated public protests against prejudice, some of which became violent.
Due to the personal animosity between DuBois and Washington, DuBois solicited help from others who believed in black freedom and growth. Twenty-nine African-American leaders from 14 states united and in January 1906, the Niagara Movement was formed.
The congress elected DuBois as International President, and he also became known as the “Father of Pan-Africanism.” Entering his last phase as a protest propagandist for the sake of proletarian liberation, and becoming a member of the left-wing American Labor Party, his radical behavior led him to indictment under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. He was acquitted for lack of evidence.
Further alienated — even by his own efforts — DuBois continued to speak out as a catalyst. His thoughts were heard around the world in 1959, while speaking to a large audience in Peking, China. The following year, his daughter Yolande died.
W.E.B. DuBois spent the remainder of his life residing in Ghana,an expatriate from the United States. There he edited the government-sponsored Encyclopedia Africana.
In the final years of his life, he renounced his U.S. citzenship and became a Ghanian citizen. In 1961, at the age of 93, he became a member of the Communist Party. He believed that the party embodied the solution for blacks and poor white people. On August 27, 1963, DuBois died in Accra, Ghana.
Now Jim Wallis, the CEO of Sojourners:
You can’t be evangelical and associate yourself with Jesus and what he says about the poor and just have no other domestic concerns than tax cuts for wealthy people.
So when the only domestic social policy is tax cuts that mostly benefit the wealthiest Americans, we say, ‘Where is faith being put into action here?’
The media seems to think only abortion and gay marriage are religious issues. Poverty is a moral issue, it’s a faith issue, it’s a religious issue.
We have got some mountains to move. Three billion people – half of God’s children – are living on less than $2 a day.
From the Sojourner website: Rev. Jim Wallis is the CEO of Sojourners.
Our mission is to articulate the biblical call to social justice, inspiring hope and building a movement to transform individuals, communities, the church, and the world.
AND ONE YOU MAY NOT HAVE HEARD ABOUT CONNECTED TO BARACK OBAMA:
The GAMALIEL FOUNDATION:
Gamaliel Foundation Vision Statement
The Gamaliel Foundation is a community of people living out our faith and values to collectively transform our society and bring about justice locally, nationally and globally. Gamaliel exists to form organizations that empower ordinary people to effectively participate in the political, environmental, social and economic decisions affecting their lives.
Religion has often played a mixed role in our society. Religion has been used to foster the evils of racism, poverty, violence, and intolerance as a powerful force to divide people with fear and hatred of one another.
Still, the deepest values of our faith must unite all people through hope, acceptance and a deep desire for justice.
We claim the value of unrelenting hope over numbing fear. We hold that all people are part of a sacred community, intended by God to realize their own dignity, worth, power and voice.
A great disparity of wealth and poverty exists in the world today. The “haves” in our global society enjoy enormous advantages and the capacity to continuously protect and expand their interests, while the “havenots” are often powerless and victimized. We live in a society where geographic place confers privilege through spatial racism, classism and segregation of opportunity. Too often environmental distress occurs in communities of the least represented. The resources of water, land, air, oil, and minerals in the world are unevenly distributed and inadequately conserved.
We defy raw greed for the benefit of few and We claim the value of sustaining abundance for all.
We live in a world where famine, disease and genocide destroy generations of people, and yet very few are outraged. Due to mobility, consumerism, nationalism, militarism, television, electronic gadgetry, racism, sexism, time constraints, and fear, people are less and less able to build enduring, strong and meaningful relationships with one another. Throughout the world there are millions of undocumented residents with little chance of being integrated into the political and legal structure of our communities.
We claim the value of a sacred community over isolating individualism. We further claim that each person has the right and responsibility to make the sacred community a reality.
The concentration of money on political decisions corrupts democratic processes, excluding the vast majority of people from having any meaningful input into political decisions.
We affirm equal opportunity for all and abhor all forms of injustice flowing from racism, poverty, and intolerance. Therefore, Gamaliel has structured itself to effect the systemic changes necessary to advance the values we have claimed. People with faith in a good and just God and people who share these values will organize through Gamaliel to bring about shared abundance, sacred community, unrelenting hope, equal opportunity and justice within our communities and throughout the world.
Community organizing has come of age. Gamaliel Network organizers work tirelessly behind the scenes to train community leaders. Our leaders repeatedly tell us that their lives have been changed forever as they found their voices and learned how to act in the public arena.
One of those leaders was a young man who became a community organizer on the south side of Chicago. That organizer is now the 44th President of the United States of America. That President Barack Obama is a former Gamaliel Organizer makes the Gamaliel Network and many in the organizing community proud.
The Gamaliel Network is and has always been a non-partisan organization. Many of our institutional members come from faith communities. They are primarily Christian, including historic African American Churches, Protestant, and Roman Catholic. But increasingly Muslim and Jewish congregations and connectional churches find our non-partisan faith-based organizing atransformative way to fulfill their mission.
Our local affiliates bring people together to strengthen their communities. Our multi-faith, multi-ethnic, multi-political, multi-cultural gatherings create energy for the common good. No one person or organization can begin to address issues affecting our common life today. We are committed to making strong alliances and partnerships.
“Religion is the opium of the masses.”
“Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand”
Marxism/Communism taught through faith?
Many Christian groups have combined their Christianity with Marxism, sometimes referred to as the “Christian Left.” The World Council of Churches has been described as “an instrument of Soviet policy since 1966.” In America, the Maryknoll priests, the liberation theologians, Episcopal and Methodist groups and Jesuits have been active on the side of communist insurrection.
[David A. Noebel, Understanding the Times, 1991.]