From the SooperMexican:
London Mayor’s Olympic Sized Failure After Mocking Romney Critique
Well that didn’t take very long.
After the leftist liberal media took so much pleasure in slamming Mitt Romney with London mayor Boris Johnson’s mockery before 60,000 Britons, it turns out that Mitt was right. Is an apology forthcoming?
Mitt was asked by a reporter whether the United Kingdom was ready for the Olympics, he replied:
“It’s hard to know just how well it will turn out. There are a few things that were disconcerting – the stories about the private security firm not having enough people, supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials. That, obviously, is not something which is encouraging.”
Immediately the press in the UK and the US ridiculed him for making such a preposterous suggestion! How dare he!
The Mayor of London was especially offended, and sneered at the criticism, saying to a large crowd of Britons, “There’s guy called Mitt Romney who wants to know if we are ready! Well, are we ready?!” And the crowd erupted in applause.
Yet, just a few days later, crowds are erupting in complaints, and Mitt Romney is proven correct:
- The security problems have been known long before Mitt’s comments – London contracted with a private security firm to provide trained security officers. Only recently did the company admit that they had been unable to train 3,500 of the more than 10,000 guards they had promised. Security was so bad that some mystery woman was able to sneak onto the field and march alongside India’s athletes.
- Given this lack of security, it’s no surprise
police are having a hard time beating back the protesters outside, resulting in scenes like this video.
- There are so many empty seats, that they are giving tickets away, and even making the military sit in seats to try to make it not look so empty. This is despite tickets being sold at very high prices, and selling out for many events, which is causing a furor among the Brits watching on the telly, wishing they could have attended. One athlete even tweeted annoyance at the fact that their parents couldn’t attend with all those empty seats.
- Many are surmising that poor traffic planning is causing the empty seats – traffic jams aren’t allowing those to get in.
- Businesses are complaining that the mayor is making them lose customers by telling everyone to stay out of London unless they they’re there for the Olympics. Brilliant!
- Even the food is being panned by athletes on twitter, while long waits plague attendees.
Surprisingly, one of the biggest media voices to come to Romney’s defense was Piers Morgan:
“It’s no secret over here that for the last three weeks the security around the Olympics has been a shambles. The outside firm they got in to run it has been all over the place – they didn’t have enough people and the army had to be drafted in. So, Mitt Romney was only saying exactly what has been happening.
He’s run an Olympics, so I thought he was perfectly entitled to be critical.”
Still, the Obama campaign will be not be deterred by truth – today his surrogates scurried around to all the Sunday shows feeding the same lie about Romney’s critique to the media lapdogs only too eager to help them deceive America.