STARVE THE BEAST: How to GO GALT and Avoid Paying Taxes (Without Moving or Quitting Your Job)
By Reaganite Republican|
08 November 2012
If the Obammunists are planning on building their paradise
with my wallet, they’re in for some disappointment…
What exactly is ‘Going Galt’?
Think of it as a supply-side Cloward-Piven strategy…
starve the beast, rather than milk-it-dry:
‘Going Galt’ doesn’t simply mean getting angry. That would be “Going Postal.” It means having righteous indignation at the injustice of a political system that bails out individuals and institutions for irresponsible behavior and at the expense of those like you who prosper through hard work and personal responsibly.’Going Galt’ means asking in the face of new taxes and government controls, “Why work at all?” “For whom am I working?” “Am I a slave?”
‘Going Galt’ means recognizing that you’re being punished not for your vices but for your virtues.
‘Going Galt’ means recognizing that you have a moral right to your own life, the pursuit of your own happiness, and thus to the rewards you’ve earned with your labor.
‘Going Galt’ means recognizing that you deserve praise and honor for your achievements rather than damnation as “exploiters.”
‘Going Galt’ means recognizing that you do not need to justify your life or wealth to your neighbors, “society,” or politicians, or bureaucrats. They’re yours, period!
‘Going Galt’ means recognizing that the needs of others do not give them a claim to your time, effort, and achievements.
‘Going Galt’ means shrugging off unearned guilt, refusing to support your own destroyers, refusing to give them what Ayn Rand termed “the sanction of the victim.”
It means taking the moral high ground by explicitly rejecting as evil the premise of “self-sacrifice” that they sell to you as a virtue— in fact “self-sacrifice” is an invitation to suicide.
The dark skies of coming times
What would de Tocqueville make of our current fix?
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years…”
At least the US of A made it to 232 before the takers outvoted the makers… alas, here we are.
While I retain the opinion that the Obama era will end with major international strategic setbacks and comprehensive financial collapse, being ‘right’ will provide little solace as we watch the world’s greatest nation fall to it’s knees.
So why wait for the inevitable, when we can starve the beast, hasten that day of reckoning’s arrival, and pick up the pieces from there? One FR commenter likened ‘Going Galt’ in-order to hasten the statists’ demise to the difference between ‘pulling the Band Aid off slowly… or just letting ‘er rip’ and getting it over with.
Yes, I’m a constitutionalist, a great believer in freedom and democracy, yet one that finds it hard to deny de Tocqueville’s oft-proven wisdom above- the initial incarnation of American democracy may well be already gone.
But compared to a Chavez-like Obama 2nd term -one where Liberty vanishes and America is transformed into some sort of Soviet Union Lite- many would welcome a right-wing dictatorship, if the alternative was empowerment of leftist street mobs in the wake of an economic implosion. As typical of a nation in deep crisis, people will be open to whatever it takes to spare the country communist enslavement, foreign invasion, or comprehensive social collapse- well, politics has always been about choosing the lesser of two evils, eh.
The day the US Dollar dies will by itself mean the death of democracy in the USA -at least over the medium term- as we default to a barter society and Barack Obama is removed from office/resigns. No need to worry about Obama cancelling elections in 2016 to retain power when the dollar will never make it that far. Our feeble currency will surely crash under the weight of $20 TRILLION in debt, then it will get REAL ugly out there on the street, just like the mass tantrum we would have seen had Obama lost on Tuesday- but worse.
With democracy gone, only conservatives would ever have the desire to restore constitutional democracy, and OUR side has most the guns. The president has the power to declare Martial Law, yet the US military has been solidly opposed to Obama policy for some time now- if this administration drives the country over the fiscal clip, leading to chaos, there is little chance they’d cling to power (in the face of unrest) for long, and our military would never provide this goverment cold-blooded, Tiananmen Square level obedience, they are NOT bound to follow illegal orders, shoot US citizens, etc..
So while waiting for our Pinochet to arrive, here’s what YOU can do to remove yourself from the Obama economy and starve this vile regime:
1. Buy used or new via secondary markets. Use Craigslist to find new stuff at less than retail… and you pay no taxes into the system.
2. Contribute to the secondary market by having a yard sale, you’ve probably got tons of junk you haven’t even seen in years.
3. Forget status symbols and keeping-up-with-the-Jones’. Maybe you can afford that nice new car, but you’ll pay A TON of taxes on it. Find a lesser vehicle that makes you happy that feeds the beast less, perhaps one bartered from within the family.
4. Invest and hold. Avoid taxable capital gains until Jan 2017.
5. FIX YOUR STUFF instead of replacing it. So many people look at durable possessions as disposable. Take those pants to the tailor, or better yet, get a used sewing machine and fix them yourself. Find someone with a welding machine to fix that patio chair.
6. Maintain your possessions properly. Clean the dust out of your computer. Keep on top of the car, house, and tools.
7. Plant a garden and grow as much of your own food as possible… and don’t forget spices in your window box, fresh is best anyway..
8. Enjoy life more simply. Choose a day at the park over an afternoon at the movies. Attend a church cookout instead of going to Outback.
9. Speaking of things like the movies – stop going (Ed- I did years ago). Wait for the DVD and rent it for $1 at Redbox. If there is a cheaper option to do something, take that option.
Or – here’s a radical idea – buy used books dirt cheap and READ.
10. Set up two days a week to run errands. Run them all at once and efficiently instead of wasting money (and taxes) on fuel. If your workplace offers a work-from-home option, TAKE IT. (The ‘green’ Left will love this one, but we’re talking about opportunities to avoid paying taxes into the system, while saving yourself some coin in the process) .
11. Create gifts instead of buying them.
12.Barter for goods and services under-the-table
13. Avoid all union shops, products, and services
14. If possible, move to a low-tax Red state
The day of reckoning is near…
Video/more at Reaganite Republican..
BEWARE another stealth action of Obama:
Hours After Obama Victory – Administration Backs UN Arms Treaty
Posted by Jim Hoft
November 7, 2012
Iran was named to the group overseeing the U.N. Arms Treaty Conference earlier this year. (Stand Up America)
Less than a day after Obama’s election, the US backed a UN treaty to regulate arms.
Obama delayed the talks during election season.
Hours after U.S. President Barack Obama was re-elected, the United States backed a U.N. committee’s call on Wednesday to renew debate over a draft international treaty to regulate the $70 billion global conventional arms trade.
U.N. delegates and gun control activists have complained that talks collapsed in July largely because Obama feared attacks from Republican rival Mitt Romney if his administration was seen as supporting the pact, a charge Washington denies.
The month-long talks at U.N. headquarters broke off after the United States – along with Russia and other major arms producers – said it had problems with the draft treaty and asked for more time.
But the U.N. General Assembly’s disarmament committee moved quickly after Obama’s win to approve a resolution calling for a new round of talks March 18-28. It passed with 157 votes in favor, none against and 18 abstentions.
U.N. diplomats said the vote had been expected before Tuesday’s U.S. presidential election but was delayed due to Superstorm Sandy, which caused a three-day closure of the United Nations last week.