“Abraham Lincoln only served one term in Congress” ~~Allen West
Congressman Allen West – The Truest of Statesman
December 5, 2012
When you are looking to describe a statesman you must first understand that a politician and a statesman are not the same thing. A statesman, is not a tyrant; he is the free leader of a free people and must posses four critical qualities.
- Strong Principles
- A Moral Compass
- A Vision
- The ability to build a consensus to achieve that vision
I believe in my own mind that two of the greatest statesman to ever live were Winston Churchill and Abraham Lincoln. Along those ideals and principles I personally believe Congressman Allen West is in every word a true statesman. When I read about the strong principles and moral compass I acquired even more affirmation. Then I felt compelled to describe in greater detail why I firmly believe Allen West’s principles are equal to these two great men. (here are some of the things that I found while researching)
- A statesman follows his moral compass instead of opinion polls, his ideas are often initially out of step with the public mood. But instead of tailoring to that mood, he speaks to the very best within his countrymen. He understands that while their ideals may be deeply buried, powerful rhetoric can bring them forth and activate them. The strength of his words comes from the fact that he actually believes what he says. And he does not make his countrymen’s hearts soar and burn with empty promises; he keeps his word and does what he says he will do.
- A statesman has a clear vision of what his country and his people can become. He knows where he wants to take them and what it will take to get there. A statesman is able to recognize problems ahead and be able to come up with solutions that are good not only for the short-term, but for the long-term as well. The statesman keeps in mind not only the here and now, but the world future generations will inherit.
- A true statesman makes his decisions by following his own moral compass. He believes in absolute truths, and his moral compass is rooted in a sense of absolute right and absolute wrong. When something is wrong, he plainly says it is wrong and does everything in his power to fight against it. When something is right, he is willing to overcome any opposition to preserve and spread it. The statesman is ambitious—he must be to obtain a position of power—but there are things he simply will and will not do to get to the top. He is a man of integrity; he speaks the truth. He leads by moral authority and represents all that is best in his countrymen.
- The statesman builds his platform on a foundation of firm, unchanging, fundamental truths. These are the things he believes at his very core. Just as in the foundation of a house, storms may wear on the structure, opposition and challenges come about, times change, but the foundation remains. A statesman may change the details of his policies and his methods for achieving those policies, but only as much as those short-term tactics serve the purpose of furthering his principles in the long run.
Congressman Allen West possess these qualities and more, he stands by his beliefs and his love of his country. He wants and desires to keep this nation safeguarded for his children and many generations to come. He stands on principles and commands an audience when he speaks. Those that know him have the highest respect for him, those that do not, despise him for having the fortitude to go against the grain.
Recently when being interviewed by NPR, Congressman West was asked about his plans going forward and while the lame-stream media has issued their spun statements ”West compares himself to Abraham Lincoln” a quick listen to the interview will show that Congressman West simply made a statement that “Hey, Abraham Lincoln only served one term in congress”. He was not comparing himself to anyone but making a statement that a once great president only served one term in congress and went on to bigger and better things. Simply put, West is far from done and America is far from letting him go!
– Tanya Grimsley
***Reblogged in entirety with permission by Tanya Grimsley of Allen West Republic.***
End of Blog
Supports Israel: “A Man must stand for something, or he will FALL for anything.”
LTC Allen West in support of Israel
Col. West: Obama Unlike MLK, Jr. in Improving Race Relations (2010)
Allen West not backing down from calling Dems “communists”
RELATED LINK to the above:
Obama: The Communist Candidate
December 4, 2012
Erwin Marquit, a member of the International Department of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA), recently told a conference of communist political parties from around the world that communists in the U.S did not run their own candidate for president on November 6 because they worked within the Democratic Party for the reelection of Barack Obama and the victories of “progressive” Democrats to Congress.
“The Communist Party USA not only welcomes the reelection of President Barack Obama, but actively engaged in the electoral campaign for his reelection and for the election of many Democratic Party congressional candidates,” Marquit declared at the conference, hosted by the Lebanese Communist Party.
Under Obama, he said, “…we have been forming Party clubs in states in which we previously had very few or even no members. This influx of new members led us to have a national Party school earlier this year to acquaint new members with the Marxist-Leninist orientation of the Party.”