The Hearings on Benghazi May 8, 2013. Testimony Given; Contradicts Obama Administration

=======================

===================================

It was amazing to witness the hearings on Capital Hill yesterday.  At times, the emotional testimony by grown men speaking about their fellow men that were killed that day should give Americans pause.

Prior to settling in to observe the hearings, other major channels were checked. It seems something as important as the lives of four Americans lost should have been major news. Sadly, it wasn’t. This is confirmed here:

HOW DID REST OF THE MEDIA COVER IMPORTANT BENGHAZI HEARINGS? TAKE A LOOK

To a citizen observer, it was apparent that Democrats on the committee were obviously trying to do damage control and protectionism for the Obama Administration; reading from what looked like “scripted” talking points, not even looking at the witnesses.  The spin factor was very apparent.

Before the first hour was complete, this video was shown:

Link to video

In response to this,  Eric Nordstrom, a former regional security officer in Libya, had an emotional start to his speech.

Nordstrom thanked the work of the committee “… to uncover what happened prior, during and after the attack” saying that it matters.

“It matters to me personally and it matters to my colleagues,” he said trailing off, appearing to choke up.

Nordstrom took a few seconds before continuing, “It matters to the American public for whom we serve.”

Nordstrom again cleared this throat and took a sip of water.

“And most importantly, it matters to the friends and family of Ambassador Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods who were murdered on September 11, 2012,” Nordstrom said.

Link to video

SOURCE

********************

HERE ARE THE 5 KEY THINGS TO TAKE AWAY FROM WEDNESDAY’S BENGHAZI HEARING

May 8, 2013

By Jason Howerton

Excerpted from link in title

5. STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL FINGERED TERROR GROUP DAY AFTER ATTACK

One of the biggest points of contention in the Benghazi investigation has been: Why did the Obama administration initially blame the terrorist attack on a YouTube video when there was no apparent evidence to support that theory?

During the House Oversight Committee hearing on the Benghazi attack, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) read from an email sent by Beth Jones, the acting assistant secretary for Middle Eastern affairs at the State Department, to Benghazi whistleblower Gregory Hicks and other top administration officials. In it, she fingered Ansar al-Sharia, a radical Islamic terror group, as the perpetrator behind the attack after the Libyan government speculated that they might be ex-Gadhafi forces.

The email was sent the day after the attack on Sept. 12, 2012 — well before the Obama administration started pushing the YouTube video narrative.

“I spoke to the Libyan ambassador and emphasized the importance of Libyan leaders continuing to make strong statements,” the email read. “When he said his government expected that former Ghadafi regime elements carried out the attacks, I told him that the group that conducted the attacks, Ansar al-Sharia, is affiliated with Islamic terrorists.”

Gowdy said the email was previously unreleased, but not classified.

Link to video

4. WHO IS LT. COL. GIBSON?

Benghazi whistleblower Gregory Hicks repeatedly brought up a man by the name of Lt. Col. Gibson. Other than the fact that he was a Special Operations Command (SOC) Africa commander, we don’t know much else about him.

But more importantly, we don’t know what else he knows about the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2012. On the night of the Benghazi attack, Gibson was “furious” when a stand down order was given, preventing Special Forces from intervening in Libya, Hicks testified.

Hicks said Gibson wanted to bring the Americans trapped in Benghazi home, but was unable to act. Does Gibson know who personally issued the stand down order? Does he know how far up the chain of command the order originated?

These are questions to keep in mind as the investigation proceeds.

3. BENGHAZI WITNESS TOLD NOT TO SPEAK WITH CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATOR ALONE

Hicks on Wednesday also revealed that he was told by Obama administration officials not to talk with Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) unsupervised.

A State Department lawyer accompanied the delegation and tried to be in every single meeting he was involved in, Hicks claimed.

Chaffetz, who traveled to Benghazi after the attack to investigate, also claimed back in October that the administration assigned a State Department attorney to follow him in his every “footstep” during his investigative trip.

2. WHISTLEBLOWER ‘EFFECTIVELY DEMOTED’ AFTER QUESTIONING BENGHAZI TALKING POINTS

Gregory Hicks told members of Congress that he has been “effectively demoted” from his position as deputy chief of mission shortly after he questioned United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice’s explanation that the Benghazi attack was the result of a spontaneous protest sparked by a YouTube video.

Hicks, the former deputy chief of mission under murdered U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, now holds the title of foreign affairs officer in the Office of Global Intergovernmental Affairs.

“In hindsight I think it began after I asked a question about Ambassador Rice’s statement on the TV shows,” Hicks said, after being asked what the “seminal” moment had been in all of his new professional criticism.

1. THERE WAS A STAND DOWN ORDER

Though some the details are still fuzzy, someone issued a stand down order that prevented Special Forces from traveling to Benghazi to intervene after the attack.

Hicks, the former deputy chief of mission for the U.S. in Libya and the highest ranking official in the country at the time of the Benghazi attacks, testified that either AFRICOMM or SOCAFRICA issued the stand down order, though he didn’t have a name or where the command originated.

Hicks said Lt. Col. Gibson, a Special Operations Command (SOC) Africa commander, was “furious” after receiving the stand down order. “Lt. Col. Gibson was furious. I had told him to go bring our people home. That’s what he wanted to do,” he said.

Link to video

However, the burning question remains: Who, with the appropriate authority, actually gave the stand down order? And why?

*************************

WHO IS LT. COL. GIBSON AND DOES HE HOLD THE KEY TO WHO GAVE STAND DOWN ORDER IN BENGHAZI?

May 8, 2013

By Jason Howerton

Gregory Hicks, the deputy chief of mission for the U.S. in Libya and the highest ranking official in the country at the time of the Benghazi attacks, testified before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday that Lt. Col. Gibson was “furious” after receiving a stand down order on the night of Sept. 11, 2012.

Hicks quoted Gibson as saying, “This is the first time in my career that a diplomat has more balls than somebody in the military.”

But who exactly is Lt. Col. Gibson, and is he the key to figuring out who specifically gave the stand down order on that fateful night? That’s what a lot of people will likely want to find out in the coming days.

Here’s what we do know: Lt. Col. Gibson was a Special Operations Command (SOC) Africa commander when the U.S. compound was assaulted. As far as we can tell, he hasn’t spoken publicly about the Benghazi. Further, a basic Google search on the Lieutenant Colonel yields surprisingly little information.

Hicks testified on Wednesday that he believes the stand down order came from either AFRICOMM or SOCAFRICA. However, he did not have any specific details on who ordered that the command be executed.

Link to video

When the command eventually came down and Special Forces were told they were not authorized to board a plane to Benghazi, Hicks said Gibson and other officials were “furious.” This was after it was determined that a second team needed to be sent from Tripoli to secure the airport for the withdrawal of personnel in Benghazi.

“People in Benghazi had been fighting all night. They were tired. They were exhausted. We wanted to make sure the airport was secure for their withdrawal. As he and his three personnel were getting in the cars, he stopped, they called them off. He said that he had not been authorized to go,” Hicks testified.

“Lt. Col. Gibson was furious. I had told him to go bring our people home. That’s what he wanted to do,” he added.

Link to video

***********************

Gregory Hicks, an exemplary employee of the State Department for over 20 years with awards  and was THERE during the Benghazi attacks, was basically demoted because he questioned the “video” excuse that was used as talking points by UN Sec. Susan Rice, SOS Hillary Clinton and even Obama himself when from the get-go this incident was labeled an ATTACK by Ambassador Chris Stevens and the President of Libya himself.

Rep. Jordan Q&A – Benghazi: Exposing Failure and Recognizing Courage

Link to video

********************

BENGHAZI WHISTLEBLOWER: I WAS ‘DEMOTED’ AFTER QUESTIONING SUSAN RICE’S TALKING POINTS

A former top U.S. diplomat in Libya said he was effectively “demoted” after questioning United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice’s explanation that the deadly Benghazi attack was the result of a protest over a video.

Gregory Hicks, the former deputy chief of mission under slain Ambassador Christopher Stevens, now holds the title of foreign affairs officer in the Office of Global Intergovernmental Affairs — an almost catch-all designation.

“I’ve been effectively demoted from deputy chief of mission,” Hicks said.

He testified to members of the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday that he was “stunned” and “embarrassed” upon hearing Rice blame an anti-Islam YouTube video for the assault. He said he voiced his concerns, and upon returning to the U.S. received a “blistering critique” of his management style — after having recently been praised by President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

“In hindsight I think it began after I asked a question about Ambassador Rice’s statement on the TV shows,” Hicks said, after being asked what the “seminal” moment had been in all of his new professional criticism.

Rep. DesJarlais questions Gregory Hicks, Deputy Chief of Mission

Link to video

=======================================

FULL Testimony of Gregory Hicks, Former Deputy Chief of Mission

**Was in Libya at time of Benghazi attacks 9/11/12**

May 8, 2013

Link to video

=================================

================================

Hillary Clinton blames video Watch from 16:25 to 17:35 min.

Link to video

====================================

President Obama speaks about video in speech at U.N.

Link to video

=========================

***********************************************

Rep. Jason Chaffetz questions WHY no military action was instituted for Benghazi

Link to video

***********************

Benghazi Drone Operator Calls Hannity w/ New Info:

Link to video

Published on May 7, 2013

(Story from theblaze.com on 5/7/13) – A man identifying himself as one of the drone operators on point during the September 11 Benghazi attack called Sean Hannity’s radio show yesterday, alleging more information about the scene on the ground and the Obama administration’s handling of the attack. According to the man, named only as “John in Iowa,” neither the administration nor Congress has even attempted to speak to him about what he saw during the attack. He told Hannity: “The video footage — when we initially got on station and we were told to go down to the consulate — it was already under attack. It was already on fire [when we got there]. We were asked then to go to the annex to just try to watch and make sure that the individuals in the annex were not going to be coming under attack there either…”

He continued: “If anything were to happen, this video is being disseminated to multiple locations and agencies around the globe. So surely once individuals saw that there was a grave problem on a U.S. Embassy/Consulate, phone calls I would’ve think should’ve been made and started going up the chain, and eventually it would’ve hit the State Department. If it did not, individuals were remiss in their duties.”

“There were dozens if not hundreds of people surrounding the consulate. There were cars continually driving by and stopping, and it was at that time — we were only over the consulate for maybe about five minutes when we were told to then go watch the CIA annex.

John reiterated that they were working for an agency that already knew there was a problem in Benghazi; that’s why they were sent there. He continued:”There were dozens if not hundreds of people surrounding the consulate. There were cars continually driving by and stopping, and it was at that time — we were only over the consulate for maybe about five minutes when we were told to then go watch the CIA annex.

Our guys that were inside of there were on the rooftops, and they were looking in the direction of the consulate, and we were told, just watch the entries and the exits of the consulate and make sure no one’s trying to break in and get them there. But we wouldn’t have been able to do much anyway because of the [agreement] with the host countries where we’re located. We were not able to be armed that night.”

“I’m just a little surprised that you’re telling me all this and that nobody in Congress has contacted you,” Hannity said. “I would think that you’d be one of the main people they’d want to talk to.”

“Ya I would think so too,” the operator replied. “There would be only about six of us from the base out of which we operate at that would’ve been involved on that specific mission that night, and so it should be really easy to track us down. Then again, if they just did not care…especially with Sec. of State Clinton’s comment of ‘what difference does it make,’ and trying to potentially cover things up, then they probably didn’t even worry about who was on the flight log for that night.”

John said he knew “immediately” that the American people were being lied to, particularly “with regard to Susan Rice” that the attack was actually an outgrowth of a YouTube-related “spontaneous” protest.

“But we are bound by certain documents such as non-disclosure agreements on what we can and can’t say, and my thought was that I am a small pawn in this chess game, and the truth will come out, and then it just unfolds and unfolds…and it never stops.”

He added: “Part of me says maybe I should’ve spoken up sooner, but you want to have faith and trust in your government, and that they would come out with the truth and get to the bottom of it. But apparently that’s not what they wanted to do…The election was coming up and Hillary Clinton might want to run in 2016, God help us.”

*************************

RELATED LINK:

America: IF the Obama Administration was Gun/Munitions Running from Libya and During 9/11 Attack the Benghazi Heroes Told to “Stand Down”…Thinks Four Americans were “Expendable”…How Does Obama View YOU? **UPDATES October 28, 2012**

***********************************

Obama picks foreign policy aide as Chief of Staff. WHO is Denis McDonough? Doing Research/Discovery We Find…AND connections to Benghazigate

***************************

Benghazi: Unaware, Unresponsive, Unaccountable

Link to video

Published on Apr 10, 2013

Nearly seven months after the Benghazi attacks there are still more questions than answers about the Obama Administration’s response. Time is running out to find the truth. Absent a special investigation, the American people will never discover the truth about why Americans were simply left to die in Benghazi.

More than 70 House Republicans have cosponsored H. Res. 36 to create a Select Committee on the Terrorist Attack in Benghazi – but more than 160 still haven’t signed on.

We need your immediate help to contact Members of Congress
and urge them to join OPSEC’s effort today at http://www.opsecteam.org.

Use of military ranks, titles & photographs in uniform does not imply endorsement of the Dept of the Army or the Department of Defense. All individuals are no longer in active service with any federal agency or military service.

*****************************

Darrell Issa Benghazi

***************************

Bill Summary & Status
113th Congress (2013 – 2014)
H.RES.36

H.RES.36

Latest Title: Establishing a select committee to investigate and report on the attack on the United States consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Sponsor: Rep Wolf, Frank R. [VA-10] (introduced 1/18/2013)      Cosponsors (139) Latest Major Action: 1/18/2013 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Rules.

SUMMARY AS OF:
1/18/2013–Introduced.

Establishes in the House of Representatives a select Committee to investigate and report to the House on:

  • any intelligence known to the United States relating to the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11, 2012;

  • any requests for additional security, or actions taken by federal agencies to improve security at the consulate before the attack;

  • a definitive timeline of it;

  • how the relevant agencies and the executive branch responded to it and whether appropriate congressional notifications were made;

  • any improper conduct by officials relating to the attack;

  • recommendations on what steps Congress and the President should take to prevent future attacks; and

  • any other relevant issues relating to the attack or the response to it.

ALL ACTIONS:

1/18/2013:

Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR E41-42)

1/18/2013:

Referred to the House Committee on Rules.

1/23/2013:

Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR H253-256)

*************************

==================================

======================================

The families of these four men AND Americans want answers and the TRUTH about Benghazi

4-dead-in-benghazi-270x300

================================

Benghazi whistleblowers

*******************************

=============================================

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://romanticpoet.wordpress.com/2013/05/09/the-hearings-on-benghazi-may-8-2013-testimony-given-contradicts-obama-administration/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

2 CommentsLeave a comment

  1. […] The Hearings on Benghazi May 8, 2013. Testimony Given; Contradicts Obama Administration […]

  2. […] The Hearings on Benghazi May 8, 2013. Testimony Given; Contradicts Obama Administration […]


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: